Mixed Sweet Pickles
- 2 Medium Heads Cauliflower
- 2 Sweet Red Peppers Cut Into Strips
- 2 Sweet Green Peppers Cut Into Strips
- 1 Quart Onions Cut Into Wedges
- 1 Quart White Vinegar
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard Seed
- 1 Tablespoon Celery Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 2 Tablespoons Salt Non-Iodized
- Break cauliflower into florets; 2 quarts will be needed. Cook in small amount of unsalted water for 5 minutes; drain.
- Combine remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower; simmer 2 minutes.
- Pack in 6 hot, sterilized pint jars to within 1/2-inch of top seal. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
Recipe can be halved and stored, covered, in refrigerator. Use within 2-3 weeks.
Recipe – Jean Hansen