“I like tiramisu, and when Jennie brought these into the office, I was really intrigued by them and asked for the recipe.” – Calla Ferre
Mini Tiramisu Eclairs
- 1/3 Cup Hot Water
- 2 Teaspoons Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 2 3- Ounce Packages Ladyfingers Split
- 1 8- Ounce Package Mascarpone Softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar Divided
- 2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Whipping Cream
- Stir together first three ingredients until sugar is dissolved; set aside 2 tablespoons mixture. Brush cut sides of ladyfingers evenly with remaining coffee mixture.
- Stir together mascarpone cheese (can substitute cream cheese if desired), 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and chocolate syrup until blended. Spoon or pipe cheese mixture evenly onto 24 cut sides of ladyfinger halves; top with remaining ladyfinger halves, cut sides down.
- Melt chocolate morsels, butter, and cream in double boiler.* Place chocolate mixture in a small heavy-duty zip-top bag; seal bag. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of bag and drizzle over éclairs. Let stand until firm.
- Stir together reserved coffee mixture and remaining 1 cup powdered sugar, stirring until blended. Place coffee-powdered sugar mixture in a small heavy-duty zip-top bag; seal bag. Snip a tiny hole in one corner of the bag. Drizzle éclairs evenly with coffee-powdered sugar mixture. Place on a serving platter, cake stand, or in candy boxes, if desired.
- Microwave directions: Microwave chocolate morsels, butter and cream at high for 30 seconds or until melted, stirring twice.
2003 Recipe – Jennie Shabel