“It’s grrrrrreat. I got this recipe from somebody at work.” – Stephen Ferre
Microwave Peanut Brittle
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 3/4 To 2 Cups Dry Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
- 1 Teaspoon Margarine
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Hint: I line the cookie sheet with foil and spray with Pam. I also spray the glass bowl (2-quart) and utensils with Pam as this mixture sets up quick. This helps everything from sticking together. These directions are for a 600-watt microwave.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup; cook on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts and continue to cook on high for 3 more minutes.
- Add margarine and vanilla; cook another 2 minutes.
- Add baking soda and stir until mixture is light and foamy. Pour onto cookie sheet fast and spread quickly. Let cool completely, about 20-30 minutes.
- Break into pieces. Store in airtight container in a cool place. Makes about 1 pound.
Recipe – Stephen Ferre