“My husband loves marinaded mushrooms, in looking for a recipe I went straight to Mable Hoffman’s Appetizer cookbook, since she is always a trusted source for successful recipes.” – Calla Ferre
“These have a wonderful flavor and would be good sliced on a salad. The marinade would also make a good salad dressing.” – April Ferre
- 1 Pound Small Fresh Mushrooms
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Small Onion Thinly Sliced
- Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth. In a medium saucepan, steam or cook mushrooms in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and quickly cover with cold water; immediately drain again.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, pepper, paprika, and salt; stirring to blend. Alternatively, combine all ingredients in a quart-sized jar, and shake to combine. Stir in onion slices and drained mushrooms.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 24 hours. Makes about 4 cups.
Early 1980’s Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Appetizers by Mable Hoffman.