“Helps you get past the sweet cravings when you are on a low carb diet. But don’t indulge too much!” – Calla Ferre
Low Carb Chocolate Truffles
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 8 Ounces Unsweetened Chocolate Chopped
- 1 3/4 Cups Granulated Sugar Substitute
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder For Dusting
- In a large saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Remove from heat; add sugar substitute, butter, and vanilla extract; mix well. Let cool until mixture is stiff, about 2 hours.
- Sift cocoa powder onto a piece of waxed paper. Use a small melon ball scoop to form chocolate balls (or use 2 spoons.) Roll in cocoa powder. Place truffles in foil candy holders if desired.
- Total carbohydrates per truffle: 2 net carbs; 1 gram protein; 5 grams fat; 50 calories.
2005 Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Dr. Atkins’s New Diet Revolution, 2005