“This recipe came from Ruth’s best friend, Lorella.” – Jean Hansen
“When you don’t have access to fresh strawberries, this recipe will do.” – Calla Ferre
Lorella’s Mile High Strawberry Pie
- 2 Cups Fresh Strawberries or 10-Ounce Package Frozen Strawberries
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream Whipped
- 1 Baked Pie Shell
- Beat egg whites until fluffy. Add sugar, salt and lemon juice. Beat until stiff.
- Add frozen strawberries (partially thawed) and beat 15 minutes. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place filling in baked pie shell and put in freezer for 2 hours or until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh berries if desired.
1951 Recipe – Ruth Jacobs