“If you are looking for a very light dessert, this is a good one. ‘Fluff’ is certainly an appropriate name.” – Calla Ferre
“I remember Grandma making this one time when I was over at her house. A nice refreshing dessert.” – April Ferre
Lemonade Fluff Pie
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Water Cold
- 4 Egg Yolks Beaten
- Dash Salt
- 1 6- Oz Can Frozen Lemonade
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream Whipped
- 1 9- Inch Baked Pie Shell
- In double boiler, soften gelatin in water. Add egg yolks and salt. Cook over simmering water while stirring constantly until gelatin dissolves and mixture is slightly thick (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add in lemonade concentrate. Chill until mixture mounds when spooned.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add in sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Fold half of the whipped cream into gelatin mixture.
- Pile into cooled baked 9- inch pie shell and chill until firm. Serve with remaining whipped cream.
1990 Recipe – Jean Hansen