“Simple sugar cookies, with a lemon-y essence.” – April Ferre
Lemon Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup Margarine
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Grated Lemon Rind
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Cream margarine, sugar, lemon rind, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat in egg. Combine flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture and refrigerate dough for 1/2 hour before rolling into walnut-sized balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and flatten each ball with a fork dipped in sugar. You may also press each cookie in sugar after baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Makes 3 to 4 dozen cookies.
2005 Revised Recipe – Calla Ferre; Original Recipe – Darlene Wheat