“This is another one of my husband, Steve’s favorite pies. It is a great use for all the Meyer lemons that grow on our bush in the front yard.” – Calla Ferre
“Wonderful, rich lemon filling in this pie. And doesn’t taste artificial like those that you buy at the store.” – April Ferre
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 Baked 9-Inch Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 3 Egg Yolks Slightly Beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Rind
- 1 Recipe Meringue
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in saucepan. Stir in water in gradually. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil 1 minute.
- Slowly stir half the hot mixture into egg yolks. Then beat egg mixture into hot mixture in saucepan. Boil 1 minute longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Continue stirring until smooth. Blend in butter, lemon juice, and grated lemon rind.
- Pour into baked pie shell. Cover with Meringue, sealing edges of pie. Bake at 400 degrees until a delicate brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool and serve.
Recipe – Calla Ferre