“I was looking for more ways to serve chicken and particularly wanted a chicken marinade, so I developed this one. The whole family enjoyed it.” – Calla Ferre
Lemon Cilantro Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Lemon Juice Fresh Squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro Packed then Chopped
- 2 Large or 4 Small Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Tabasco
- 3/4 Cup Sweet White Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Combine the first 7 ingredients and place in a Ziploc bag.
- Cut chicken pieces horizontally or pound chicken breast to an even thinness. Pierce chicken pieces with fork or meat tenderizer.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, brown the chicken in some oil and remove to a plate. Dispose of oil in the fry pan.
- Place remaining marinade in the frying pan and boil for 2 minutes. Add the honey.
- Add back chicken pieces and simmer until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees. Alternatively, you can grill or barbecue the chicken.
- Serve and enjoy. Goes well served with Mexican sides.
2021 Original Recipe – Calla Ferre