“The combination of lemon and fresh ginger are a nice combination.” – April Ferre
- 1 1/2 Pound Spring Chicken (with Bone) Cut In 2-Inch Pieces
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 5 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 Stalk Leek In 1-Inch Lengths
- 6 Slices Fresh Ginger
- 1 Lemon Sliced
- 4 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
- 6 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cornstarch Mixed With 2 Tablespoons Water
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and let stand 20 minutes.
- Heat oil and stir-fry chicken, leek and ginger until coated with oil. Add water to cover. Add lemon, dry sherry, soy sauce and sugar. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened. Remove to serving plate and decorate with lemon slices. Serve hot. Serves 3 as a main course or 4-8 Chinese style.
1989 Recipe – Jean Hansen – From her cooking class with Julia Cheng