“A college classmate of mine brought these to one of our potlucks.” – Calla Ferre
Lasagne (Mock Ravioli)
- 2 Medium Onions Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Salad Or Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Ground Chuck Or Round
- 1 4- Ounce Can Mushrooms Whole Or Stems And Pieces, Save Liquid
- 1 Large Can (1-Lb 3-Oz) Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Can Tomato Paste*
- *Dilute with 3 cans water (use mushroom liquid here to make the 3 cans)
- 1/2 Cup Salad Oil
- 2 Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 Cup Parsley Fresh Preferred, Chopped
- 1 Cup Soft Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 To 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 To 6 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Pound Lasagne Noodles
- 8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese Thinly Sliced
- 1 1/2 Pint Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- Mix first 7 ingredients and simmer 2-3 hours. Add water or stock to desired consistency.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients except lasagne noodles. This will make one of the layers for your lasagne later. If desired, add some Italian seasonings to taste (i.e. rosemary, basil, oregano, etc.). Use this sparingly, only to your taste.
- Cook lasagne according to directions on box. Drain and rinse lasagne in cold water.
- Grease or butter large baking dish or pan. Start layers this way: sauce first, 4 strips lasagne, spinach mixture, cottage cheese, and mozzarella. Repeat until all ingredients are used. If possible, reserve a little sauce for warm up the next day. The top of the lasagne should be covered with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until bubbly. Cut into wedges like a pie, top again with a little remaining sauce and VOILA!
Recipe – Calla Ferre