“Anupama brought this to Delandy’s sendoff party to Eerie, Pennsylvania party at Donna’s house.” – April Ferre
Jeera & Peas Pulav
- 2 Cups Uncooked Rice
- 1/2 Cup Grean Peas
- 2 Tablespoons Jeera Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 2 Whole Cloves
- 2 Inches Cinnamon Stick
- 10 to 12 Cashews Coarsely Chopped
- 4 Cups Water
- Wash and soak rice for 15 minutes. In heavy saucepan, add oil. To this add jeera, black peppercorns, peas, cashews, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- When the raw smell of the peas disappears, add water and salt. Bring to a boil and add rice. Cover and cook until completely done.
1 Cardamom Pod = Approximately 1/6 Teaspoon. Substitution: equal parts cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.