“When I saw the list of ingredients for this soup, I didn’t think I’d make this soup more than once. But after making it to photograph for the online cookbook, I am in love. It makes a wonderful, hearty meal full of variety and flavor.” – April Ferre
Italian Sausage Soup
- 1/2 Pound Italian Sausage Cut In 1/2-Inch Pieces
- 2 Cups Cabbage Coarsely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper Chopped
- 1 Medium Clove Garlic Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning Crushed
- 1 10.75-Ounce Can Bean & Bacon Soup
- 1 1/2 Soup Can Water
- 1 15-Ounce Can Cheese Ravioli In Tomato Sauce
- 1 15-Ounce Can Kidney Beans Undrained
- Dash Pepper
- Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- In large saucepan, cook sausage until done; remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add cabbage and green pepper and cook with garlic and Italian seasonings until just tender. Add soup; gradually stir in water. Add remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese.
- Heat. Stir occasionally. Serve with cheese. Makes 4 servings.
Alternate preparation: Add 1/2 onion, chopped with the green pepper and cabbage. Substitute 9 ounces fresh cheese ravioli and 8 ounces tomato sauce with basil and garlic for the canned cheese ravioli.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From the Santa Cruz Sentinel