“My mother found this recipe in a magazine; we had never had a peach pie before. There was a group of us friends that would go out horseback riding or sailing on Shawnoe Lake in the summer. My mother would send peach pie along with us on our outings.” – Jean Hansen
“Be sure to drain the peaches well. The spices in this pie are just right to compliment the peaches.” – Calla Ferre
Golden Peach Pie
- 2 1- Pound Cans (4 Cups) Cling Peaches, Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Enriched Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Dash Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Or Margarine
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Peel Shredded
- 1/8 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Plain Pie Pastry
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/3 cup syrup.
- Combine dry ingredients; add reserved syrup. Cook and stir until mixture thickens. Add butter, lemon juice, orange peel, almond extract and peaches.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry. Fill with peach filling. Add lattice top. Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 40-45 minutes. Serve warm.
Recipe – Calla Stacker