“I added some chopped shallots and you could modify this by adding some of your favorite veggies or would be a good place to use some of the left over bits and pieces in the fridge.” – April Ferre
- 2 Tablespoons Olive or Salad Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced or Pressed
- 1 Small Green Pepper Seeded & Chopped
- 4 Green Onions Including Tops, Thinly Sliced
- 3 Medium Tomatoes Peeled, Seeded & Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 10 Ounces Fettuccine
- 3 Quarts Water Boiling
- 1/4 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 2/3 Cup Whipping Cream
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oil in a 10 to 12-inch frying pan on medium-high heat. Add garlic and green pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pepper is limp. Add onions and stir 1 to 2 minutes longer. Mix in tomatoes and parsley. Cook until tomatoes are heated through. Keep warm, on lowest heat, uncovered.
- As vegetables are cooking, cook the fettuccine in boiling water in a 5 to 6 quart pan on high heat just until tender to bite, about 2 minutes. Pour pasta into a colander and drain well.
- At once, return kettle to high heat; add butter and cream. Boil until butter melts. Remove kettle from heat and add pasta and vegetables. Mix, lifting with fork, to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Pour onto warm serving platter and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe – Calla Ferre