“This is one of several recipes I got from luncheons at church.” – Jean Hansen
“Very much like a strawberry ice cream. Don’t let it freeze all the way or it will ruin the texture. It is best if served and eaten the same day. If there are leftovers, place in the refrigerator.” – April Ferre
Frosty Strawberry Salad
- 2 10-Ounce Packages Frozen Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Defrost strawberries and drain. Mix strawberry juice with gelatin; heat to fully dissolve.
- Blend cottage cheese with fork until creamy. Mix with gelatin and stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Pour into 1-quart mold.
- Freeze 2 to 3 hours. Unmold on salad greens and garnish with fresh berries or grapes.
Recipe – Jean Hansen