“A crunchy streusel topping accents sweet, juicy peaches in this quickly made summer dessert.” (Magazine Clipping)
Fresh Peach Crisp
- 8 Large Firm, Ripe Peaches
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Peel, pit and cut peaches into 3/4-inch slices. You should have 5 to 6 cups. Combine the sugar and salt. Arrange a layer of peach slices in an 8-inch square baking pan and sprinkle with part of the sugar mixture; repeat layers until all the peaches and sugar are used. Sprinkle lemon juice over fruit.
- In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; with a pastry blender cut in the butter until the size of peas. Mix in nuts. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the peaches. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until top is crumbly and browned.
- Spoon into individual dishes; top with whipped cream or ice cream, if you wish. Makes about 8 servings.
Recipe – Helen Ferre