“Also known as fruit pizza. You can vary the fruit that you top it with, so don’t be confined by the fruits listed in the recipe. Use whatever fresh fruit is in season. Top with warmed complimentary flavored jelly if desired. There is lots of room to be creative, so don’t be afraid to experiment.” – Calla Ferre
Fresh Fruit Tart
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Carton Whipping Cream Whipped
- 1 Baked Plain Pastry In Tart Pan
- Fruit Topping (see below)
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Fold in whipped cream. Smooth into pie crust that has been baked in tart pan (or pizza pan).
- Fresh Boysenberry Topping: Mix 1 quart boysenberries with 1 Cup Sugar and 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch. Cook until thickened. I do this in the microwave on high for about 12 minutes. Watch carefully and stir every 4 minutes. Cool and spread on filling.
- Fresh Strawberry Topping: Mix 1 Cup Water with 1 Cup Sugar and 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch. Cook until thickened. Add red food coloring. Fold fresh berries cut in half into the mixture when it is cool. Spread over cream cheese filling.
2001 Recipe – Susan Johnson