“This salad may be better known as ‘Three Bean Salad.’ Although technically this would be a Four Bean Salad. A classic potluck salad, it gets better the longer it sits.” – April Ferre
“At one time, three bean salads were all the rave. When you made this for a potluck, everyone always requested the recipe. Now you can find it in the can, but homemade is still the best. Adding a little bit of this to the top of a tossed green salad makes for an extra special treat.” – Calla Ferre
Encore Salad (Three-Bean Salad)
- 1 1- Lb Can Cut Green Beans Drained (2 Cups)
- 1 1- Lb Can Cut Yellow Wax Beans Drained (2 Cups)
- 1 1- Lb Can Red Kidney Beans Drained (2 Cups)
- 1 1- Lb Can Garbanzo Beans Drained (2 Cups)
- 1 Medium Green Pepper Thinly Sliced In Rings
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced And Separated Into Rings
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Salad Oil
- 1/2 Cup Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Combine vegetables. Mix remaining ingredients; add to vegetables, tossing to mix. Cover and marinate several hours or overnight, stirring several times.
- Before serving, stir, then drain. Makes 12 servings.
1970s Recipe – Jean Hansen