Easy Caramel Frosting
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine Softened
- 1 Cup Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Milk
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan; stir in brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and boil hard for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add milk, stirring vigorously.
- Put back over heat and bring to a full boil again. Set aside to cool for about 20 minutes until lukewarm. Stir in powdered sugar and beat until smooth and cool enough to spread.
- If frosting stiffens too quickly while spreading, beat in a few drops of milk. Frosts tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From the C&H Sugar Company