“Donna made this plum salsa for one of our Shacklett Lab get togethers. It is light and sweet and is great during the summer time.
I made a loquat version of it later in the summer and it was also very good. You could substitute other fruits in this salsa as well.” – April Ferre
Donna’s Plum Salsa
- 1 Quart Plums Pitted & Cubed
- 1 Red Onion Finely Diced
- 1 Chile Pepper (Anaheim-Mild, Serrano-Hot) Finely Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Cilantro Chopped
- Salt To Taste
- Pepper To Taste
- Slightly cook plums over medium heat. Blend cooked plums in blender. Add remaining ingredients. Chill before serving. Makes 1 quart.
- Loquat variation: Substitute loquats (peeled) for plums. Add juice from 1 lemon. Also can add 1 mango, finely chopped.
2008 Original Recipe – Donna Lemongello