“Normally during the holidays it is traditional to make Ruth’s Orange Salad; however, one year my Grandma made this instead. It is very good, and I like it a lot, but we went back to our traditional Ruth’s Orange Salad. Instead, I tend to make this myself when cranberries come back in season or bring it to holiday potlucks.” – April Ferre
Creamy Cranberry Salad
- 3 Cups Fresh or Frozen Cranberries Coarsely Chopped
- 1 20-Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple Drained
- 1 Medium Apple Peeled & Chopped
- 2 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts Chopped (Optional)
- 2 Cups Whipping Cream Whipped
- In a bowl, combine cranberries, pineapple, apple, marshmallows, sugar and salt; mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped cream. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
2000 Recipe – Jean Hansen