“My Mom made this for me when I came over for lunch one afternoon. Such a great comfort food.” – Calla Ferre
Creamy Chicken Manicotti
- 8 Manicotti Shells
- 1 Can Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Cups Chicken Cooked And Chopped
- 1 4- Ounce Can Sliced Mushrooms Drained
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Or Margarine Melted
- 1/4 Cup Water Warm
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chicken Bouillon
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- Cook shells without salt; drain.
- Combine soup and sour cream, mix well. Combine 1/2 soup mixture and chicken; mix well. Reserve remaining soup mixture.
- Stuff shells with chicken mixture. Place in greased 12x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms in butter in large skillet until tender; set aside. Combine water and bouillon, stirring until dissolved. Add to reserved soup mixture, mix well. Stir soup mixture into mushroom mixture. Spoon over manicotti.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Southern Cooking Magazine