- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Onion Minced
- 4 Cups Corn Fresh, Frozen or Canned
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy Cream or Half & Half
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- Chopped Parsley or Sliced Green Onion For Garnish
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in corn and water. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer half of the mixture to a blender and process until smooth. Add puree back to skillet and add heavy cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until thickened and heated through.
- Garnish with parsley or green onion.
2020 Recipe – Calla Ferre