“During the pandemic, it was difficult for me to find my favorite cranberry cheese roll I like to serve during the holidays so I thought I would experiment with making something to substitute in it’s place. This turned out well and my family encouraged me to keep the recipe and serve it again. My husband liked that it spread easily on crackers. This would make a nice spread for bagels as well.” – Calla Ferre
Cranberry Orange Cheese Roll
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cranberry Orange Relish
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Juice Concentrate
- Dash Salt
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Pecans Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Sliced Almonds Chopped
- Combine the first four ingredients and then chill for easier handling.
- Add a strip onto a piece of waxed paper; roll and shape into a log. Twist the ends of the wax paper to seal. Return to the refrigerator and chill again until easier to handle.
- Combine chopped cranberries and nuts in a shallow dish. Roll cheese log in cranberry-nut mixture. If the log is still soft and difficult to manage, damp hands will help.
- May be made the night before. Remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. Serve with rice crackers.
2020 Original Recipe – Calla Ferre