“This coffee cake has an impressive presentation.” – Calla Ferre
Cranberry Coffee Cake
- 1/2 Cup Butter Or Margarine
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 8- Ounce Carton Sour Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 16- Ounce Can Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Cream butter and sugar, beating at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in almond extract.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Spread 1/3 of cranberry sauce over batter. Repeat layers twice, ending with cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes; invert cake onto a serving plate and drizzle with glaze.
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar, 1 Tablespoon Warm Water, 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract, 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Yield 1/4 cup.
2011 Recipe – Calla Ferre – From A 1988 Hometown Collection: America’s Best Recipes