“When I first had this, it was missing something. So I added ingredients to this recipe to make it taste even better (soy sauce, lemon juice). And I substituted our homemade California French Dressing for Catalina dressing.” – Calla Ferre
- 1 16-Ounce Can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 Cup California French Dressing (See Salad Dressings)
- 1 Package Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 12 Chicken Thighs or 4 Chicken Breasts
- Heat Cranberry sauce until liquidy, add French dressing, onion soup mix, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Pour over chicken in greased baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- To prepare ahead and freeze: Combine sauce ingredients and chicken in freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and seal bags. Lay flat in baking dish, stacking bags on top of each other. Once completely frozen, items can be removed from pan and stacked in the freezer. To serve: defrost bags in baking dish in the refrigerator. Or defrost in microwave. Bake as described above.
2008 Adapted recipe – Calla Ferre – From Don’t Panic – Dinner’s in the Freezer, 2005