“Like corn muffins, but with a biscuit texture. Serve with butter and honey.” – April Ferre
Cornmeal Cream Biscuits
- 1 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2/3 Cup Yellow Cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter Cut Into Pieces & Frozen
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons Whipping Cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Using fork, stir in enough cream to form a soft dough.
- Gently knead on lightly floured surface until smooth, butter may still be in lumps, about 10 times. Pat dough out to thickness of 3/4-inch. Cut out 2-inch biscuits using floured cutter.
- Transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Gather scraps, knead briefly and cut additional biscuits. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
Recipe – Jean Hansen