“Great for munching on while watching movies or taking on a long car trip. I have sent this with my son, Tom, when was driving long distances.” – Calla Ferre
Cinnamon Vanilla Popcorn
- 1/2 Cup Unpopped Popcorn Popped
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Cinnamon And Sugar Mixture
- Place popcorn in a large, buttered bowl, set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir until mixture is golden, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla. Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Spread onto buttered cookie sheets and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Cool slightly; break apart while warm. Makes 3 quarts.
2008 Adapted Recipe – Calla Ferre – From The Taste of Home Cookbook, 2006