“A nice variation on a classic candy. And it uses a microwave which significantly simplifies the candy making process.” – April Ferre
Cinnamon Peanut Brittle
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 Cups Salted Peanuts
- 1 Teaspoon Butter Not Margarine
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes; stir. Heat 2 1/4 minutes longer.
- Stir in peanuts, butter and cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered on high for 20 to 30 seconds or until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in baking soda and vanilla until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto a well-greased baking sheet and spread with forks.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm; break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container. Makes 1 1/4 pounds.
Note: This recipe tested on a 1,100 watt microwave.
2001 Recipe – Jean Hansen