“These can be a little messy to make, but are well worth it in the end.” – April Ferre
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/2 Cup Margarine Melted
- 1 16-Ounce Package Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cups Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal Optional
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts Optional
- 12 Ounces Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Shortening or Paraffin
- Mix first 3 ingredients (and if desired, any of the next two ingredients) together until smooth. Form into balls 1 1/2-inches in diameter. If peanut butter mixture becomes to hard to handle, chill in refrigerator.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening or paraffin in double boiler. Dip balls in chocolate and place on waxed paper to cool. Leave the tops of the peanut butter balls uncovered to make buckeyes.
1996 Recipe – Jody Jones