Chocolate Covered Cherries
- 2 To 2 1/2 10-Oz Jars Maraschino Cherries
- 3 1/2 Cups 1 Pound Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup White Corn Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 12- Oz Package Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Bar Paraffin
- Drain and chill maraschino cherries (the smaller the cherries, the better).
- Mix together corn syrup and butter; gradually beat in powdered sugar. Mix and knead until very smooth. Wrap around cherries and roll into balls. Freeze.
- Melt chocolate chips with paraffin. Dip centers and place in wax paper-lined egg cartons. Set in cool room and age for 1 month.
1970 Recipe – Joyce Schweigert