“I got this recipe from the mother of the girl who caught my wedding bouquet.” – Calla Ferre
Chicken with Mushrooms & Sour Cream
- 2 Whole Chicken Breasts
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Scallions Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 10.75-Ounce Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- Fresh Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Hot Cooked Rice
- Bone chicken breasts, remove skin and cut each breast half into 10 to 12 strips.
- Melt butter in large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and scallions, sprinkle with salt. Cook 6 minutes.
- Add undiluted soup, sliced mushrooms and water. Heat to boiling, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Reduce heat, blend in sour cream. Do not boil. Serve over hot cooked rice.
1982 Recipe – Donna Randall