“I figured this one out while trying to find something different to do with chicken. Tom particularly liked this, so I named it after him.” – Calla Ferre
Chicken A’la Tom
- Chicken Breasts Boneless And Skinless
- Prego Spaghetti Sauce
- Ground Beef Cooked And Drained
- Mushrooms Sliced
- Butter Enough To Sauté
- Parmesan Cheese
- Season chicken breasts with onion salt and garlic powder. Bake or microwave until done.
- Add cooked ground beef to spaghetti sauce, enough so mixture is thick. Sauté mushrooms in butter. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Place chicken breasts in baking pan or cookie sheet with enough space between pieces to keep servings separate. Cover chicken with a serving of thickened spaghetti sauce, top with mushrooms and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in preheated oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors and melt cheese.
2002 Original Recipe – Calla Ferre