“Jennie was known for being the baker in the office. This was Dr. John’s favorites, and she would make it every year for his birthday.” – Calla Ferre
Carrot Pineapple Cake
- 1 No. 2 Can (20 Ounces) Crushed Pineapple Drained
- 2 Cups Grated or Shredded Carrots
- 4 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Oil
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- 1 Cup Raisins Optional
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Pound Package Powdered Sugar Sifted
- In mixer, beat eggs. Then add sugar and oil and beat. Add carrots and pineapple and beat. Whisk dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add carefully to batter. Stir in nuts.
- Divide into three 9-inch pans or one 9×13-inch pan that's been sprayed with PAM and dusted with flour.
- Bake layers for 30 to 35 min at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean. Bake 9×13-inch pan around same time and check. May need 5 to 10 min more.
- Beat butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla and slowly beat in sugar.
Recipe – Jennie Shabel