“Chicken salad can have many variations. I don’t know if anybody else uses pineapple in their chicken salad, but I think it takes it from boring to ‘Oh, that’s interesting, and good.’ Some people like to add chopped nuts (i.e. chopped almonds or walnuts), some people even add a few raisins to the mix. Just use your imagination to personalize to suit your taste buds.” – Calla Ferre
Calla’s Chicken Salad
- 1 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Cooked & Diced
- 1/4 to 1/3 Cup Pineapple Chunks Chopped in Small Pieces
- – Or 1/4 Cup Crushed Pineapple Drained
- 2 Tablespoons Onion Chopped
- 1/4 to 1/3 Cup Apple Diced Small
- – Or 1/4 Cup Celery Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cranberry-Orange Relish Optional
- Place all ingredients except mayo in a bowl, stir to mix.
- Add mayonnaise, enough to moisten and bring it all together
Chicken salad can be eaten alone, served on a bed of lettuce, used as a filling in sandwiches, or used as a filling in a puff pastry for an appetizer.
2020 Original Recipe – Calla Ferre