“These are some of the best shrimp I’ve ever had. Casey would make it for barbecues at work. It is very easy to make, though I was never able to make it quite the same as he would. Along with Carl’s Gumbo recipe, it was a favorite among all the electricians at the cement plant.” – Stephen Ferre
- 1/2 Cup Green Onions Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2 Pounds Shrimp
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cajun Mix Or Double Blackened Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Blackened Redfish Magic (Chef Paul Prudhommes Seasonings)
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- 1/3 Cup White Wine
- Sauté onions in butter. Throw in shrimp, after a couple minutes or when shrimp turns pink, add the garlic and seasonings. Cook for a minute or two, mixing the shrimp and seasonings well.
- Deglaze with the wine and let simmer for about three minutes.
If you put the garlic in at the start, I think it makes the dish taste too salty.
2003 Recipe – Casey Moore