“This makes a very pretty pie. Use a lattice top so that the pink and orange colors peek through.” – Calla Ferre
Blushing Peach Pie
- Pastry For 9-Inch, 2 Crust Pie
- 2 29-Ounce Cans Sliced Peaches Drained
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Red Cinnamon Candies
- 2 Tablespoons Margarine Or Butter
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pastry.
- Mix peaches, sugar, flour and candies. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with margarine. Cover with top crust that has slits cut in it. Seal and flute.
- Cover edge with a 2 to 3 inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, about 40 to 50 minutes.
Self-rising flour may be used in this recipe.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Gold Metal Century of Success, 1979