“Left over beef works well in this recipe. The adapted version of this recipe has more sauce, as my husband likes lots of it for over his rice.” – Calla Ferre
“One of my favorites growing up.” – April Ferre
Beef with Broccoli
- 1/2 Pound Lean Beef Cut In Bite Size Slices
- 1 Teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Cornstarch
- 2 Cloves Garlic or 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Bunch Broccoli
- 2 or 3 Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- Separate broccoli into florets, skin stems and slice diagonally. Parboil.
- Mix beef with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and cornstarch. Heat oil. Add beef, and stir-fry until color changes.
- Add broccoli, salt, sugar, garlic, ginger and 1/2 cup soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Serve hot. Serves 4 as a main course or 6 to 8 Chinese style.