“Diets come and go, but this basic soup does work well, so you can still have something to eat if you are hungry. It was used at the hospital for overweight heart patients to loose weight rapidly before surgery.” – Calla Ferre
“You don’t need the diet to enjoy this soup. It is great for using the odds and ends in your kitchen. If you aren’t following the diet, feel free to add anything else you can think of!” – April Ferre
Beef & Vegetable Soup (Basic Fat Burning Soup)
- 6 Large Green Onion
- 1 Large Cabbage
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Bunch Celery
- 1 or 2 28-Ounce Cans Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Water
- 2 Packages Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- Cut vegetables in small to medium pieces and add water and soup mix. Season with salt, pepper, parsley, cilantro, if desired, or bouillon or hot sauce. Boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender.
- This soup can be eaten any time you are hungry. Eat as much as you want; whenever you want. This soup will not add calories. The more you eat, the more you will loose. Fill a thermos in the morning if you will be away during the day. If soup is eaten alone for indefinite periods, you will suffer malnutrition.
- MONDAY: All fruits, except bananas. Cantaloupe and watermelon are lower in calories than most fruits. Eat only soup and fruits. For drinks, unsweetened tea, cranberry juice or water.
- TUESDAY: All vegetables. Eat until you are stuffed with all the fresh raw or canned vegetables. Try to eat green leafy veggies and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat along with the soup. At dinner time on this day, reward yourself with a big baked potato and butter. Do not eat any fruits.
- WEDNESDAY: Eat all the soup, fruits and veggies you want. Do not have a baked potato. If you have eaten for three days as above, and have not cheated, you will find that you have lost 5 to 7 pounds.
- THURSDAY: Bananas and skim milk. Eat as many as three bananas and drink as many glasses of water as you can on this day along with the soup. Bananas are high in calories and carbohydrates and so is the milk, but on the particular day your body will need the potassium and the carbohydrates, proteins and calcium to lessen your craving for sweets.
- FRIDAY: Beef and tomatoes. You may have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and a can of tomatoes or as many as six fresh tomatoes on this day. Try to drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash away the uric acid in your body. Eat the soup at least once on this day.
- SATURDAY: Beef and veggies. Eat to your heart’s content the beef and vegetables on this day. You can have two or three steaks if you like with the green leafy vegetables, but no baked potato. Be sure to eat the soup at least once today.
- SUNDAY: Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice and vegetables. Again, stuff yourself. Be sure to have the soup at least once today.
- At the end of the seventh day, if you have not cheated on the above diet, you will have lost 10 to 17 pounds. If you have lost more than 15 pounds, stay off the diet for two days before resuming the diet again for day one.
- This seven day eating plan can be used as often as you like. As a matter of fact, if correctly followed, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being as never before.
- This diet is fast, fat-burning, and the secret is that you will burn more calories than you take in. It will flush your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being. This diet does not lend itself to drinking any alcoholic beverages at any time because of the removal of fat buildup in your system. Go off the diet at least 24 hours before any intake of alcohol.
- Because everyone’s digestive system is different, this diet will affect everyone differently. After day 3, you will have more energy than when you began if you do not cheat. After being on the diet for several days, you will find your bowel movements have changed. Eat a cup of bran or fiber. Although you can have black coffee with this diet, you may find that you don’t need the caffeine after the third day.
- DEFINITE NO-NO’s: Bread, alcohol, carbonated drinks, including diet drinks. Stick with water, unsweetened tea, black coffee, unsweetened fruit juice, cranberry juice and skimmed milk.
- The soup can be eaten anytime you feel hungry. Eat as much as you wish. Remember, the more you eat the more you will lose. No fried foods or bread. You can eat broiled or baked chicken instead of meat (absolutely no skin on the chicken).
- Any prescribed medication will not hurt you on this diet. Continue this plan as long as you wish and feel the difference both mentally and physically. If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on only one of the beef days. You will need the protein in the beef on the other days. Good luck!
2003 Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital