“This is a nice something extra that takes a plain piece of chicken or salmon and makes it into something special to serve to guests or just to enjoy.” – Calla Ferre
Balsamic Apple Topper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Granny Smith Apples Peeled, Cored & Chopped
- Chicken Broth or Apple Juice As Needed
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- Grilled or Baked Salmon, Chicken or Pork
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Basil or Green Onions Chopped
- Heat olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until softened. Add a little chicken broth or apple juice as needed so that apples do not go dry.
- Stir in vinegar and honey and cook for a minute or two more.
- Serve over fish, chicken or pork and top with fresh basil or green onions as desired.
2020 Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Raleys.com