“A little more fancy way to make baked apples; great for when company is coming over.” – Calla Ferre
Baked Apples In Orange Marmalade Sauce
- 1 Cup Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 8 Medium Baking Apples Cored
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine Cut In 8 Pieces
- Mix marmalade and water in a large shallow baking dish.
- Peel apples 1/3 of the way down from the stem end. Mix pecans and cinnamon, spoon into apple centers, and top with a piece of butter. Arrange on sauce in baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, spooning sauce over apples 2 to 3 times during baking, until apples are tender when pierced but still keep their shape. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Syrup thickens upon cooling and chilling. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre