“A little more fancy way to make baked apples; great for when company is coming over.” – Calla Ferre
Baked Apples in Orange Marmalade Sauce
- 8 Medium Baking Apples
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine Cut In 8 Pieces
- 1 Cup Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Core apples, but not all the way to the bottom. Peel 1/3 of the way down from the stem end.
- Mix pecans and cinnamon, fill apples half-way, top with a piece of butter, and then add more pecans to fill the apples.
- Mix marmalade and water. Arrange apples in a baking dish and pour over marmalade.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, spooning sauce over apples 2 to 3 times during baking, until apples are tender when pierced but still keep their shape.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Syrup thickens upon cooling and chilling. Makes 8 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre