“I found this in a gourmet cooking magazine along with an article about the local fellow the recipe came from. Later I found the recipe in the cookbook, “Best Cooks of Santa Cruz County.” – Jean Hansen
“This travels well to potlucks and gets rave reviews.” – Calla Ferre
Austrian Apple-Pear Coffee Cake
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Dairy Sour Cream
- 2 Apples & 1 Pear Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Nuts Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Softened
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Grease a 13×9-inch pan.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt alternately with sour cream. Fold in apple and pear. Spread batter in pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients and sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until wooden pick comes out clean, 45 to 55 minutes.
Recipe – Jean Hansen