“A nice way to jazz up the yams for the holidays.” – Calla Ferre
“The addition of apricots and a little cinnamon are a perfect combination with yams.” – April Ferre
- 1 29-Ounce Can Yams Drained
- 1 17-Ounce Can Apricot Halves
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup Light Raisins
- 3 Tablespoons Dry Sherry
- 1/2 Teaspoon Orange Peel Grated
- Drain yams and arrange in 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
- Drain apricots, reserving syrup. Add water, as required, to equal 1 cup liquid; set aside. Arrange apricot halves over yams.
- In saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and cinnamon. Stir in apricot syrup and raisins. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Stir in sherry and grated orange peel.
- Pour mixture over yams and apricots. Bake, uncovered, in 350 degree oven, basting occasionally for 20 minutes or until well glazed.
Recipe – Jean Hansen