“Why buy applesauce in the store, when it is so easy to make at home and tastes so much better. Adjust sugar and spices to your own taste, or leave them out completely. Makes a nice accompaniment to pork dishes.” – April Ferre
“People don’t often think about making their own applesauce, but it is quick and easy to do at home.” – Calla Ferre
Applesauce (Thick Type)
- 8 Tart Apples
- 1 Cup Water To 1 Quart Apples
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/8 Teaspoon Lemon Rind Grated
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cinnamon Or To Taste
- Wash, pare, core and slice apples. Place in saucepan; add water. Simmer until apples are tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Taste, adding more sugar if desired. Cook 1 minute more. Serve cold.
Original Recipe – Calla Ferre