“My first Eggs Benedict was at DeVere’s Irish Pub in Davis and it was served with a Sriracha Hollandaise Sauce. I was skeptical at first, because I’m not a fan of really spicy food, but it was fantastic, not super spicy, with just that extra bit of flavor.” – April Ferre
Sriracha Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 10 Tablespoons Butter Melted and Hot
- 1 to 3 Teaspoons Sriracha To Taste
- Melt the butter in a microwave until it is hot.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper into a high powered blender and blend for 5 seconds until combined.
- With the blender running on medium high, slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture until it's emulsified and of desired consistency.
- Blend in Sriracha to taste. Pour the Hollandaise sauce into a small bowl and serve while warm.